Welcome! FINITE FIELD is a site relating to translation.
Isometry is a free CAT tool (translation memory).
Isometry 1.0.6 is now released. This is a free software. Use this and you will know its usefulness. Though free, it contains many functions. If you have any idea to improve this software, please let me know. I accept messages, bug reports, and requests with Isometry and Windows versions through the mailing list or the BBS.
* Unicode, which allows Isometry accept many languages.
* Realtime, colored term recognition.
* Preliminary Translation Memory Search. Because this is done in the background, Isometry searches a great volume of TM without making you wait.
* TM search measured in characters, not words, desirable for languages which do not have a space between words or which have many long words.
* You can change the algorism of the TM search.
* Automatic display of the context of the TM search (self search).
* Automatic web search and extraction of the result hit counts.
* Limited term replacement, where the replacable termes can be set easily.
* Many customizable settings.
* Installation Language: English, Japanese.
Computer Environment Requirement
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 If this is not installed, this will be downloaded and installed from Microsoft. If you cannot install it, please inquire Microsoft. See
Since Isometry is developed under .NET Framework, Isometry may be used on Linux by using Mono. I myself am not a Linux user, so please tell me whether it works.